|Design flaws, inefficiencies and bottlenecks in civil registration and vital statistics (CRVS) processes are identified and documented as part of process management, with potential solutions and new interventions discussed. Key questions include:|
• Is the current CRVS system process aligned with the vision, mission, legal authority and objectives of the system and the various actors within it?
• Is the current CRVS process producing what is expected? That is, high-quality and reliable data for population health policy and planning?
• Are there bottlenecks or dead-ends in the current CRVS system?
• Are there duplications or parallel systems?
• Is there room for gains in efficiency in the current CRVS system; that is, room for savings in time, resources, technology and cost?