Our 3-step submission process
Before you submit
Now you’ve identified a journal to submit to, there are a few things you should be familiar with before you submit.
Ready to submit
To give your manuscript the best chance of publication, follow these policies and formatting guidelines.
BMC Medicine publishes the following article types:
Click the relevant link to find style and formatting information for the article you are going to submit.
- General formatting rules for all article types - Preparing your manuscript
- Make sure your submission is complete - Prepare supporting information
- Copyright and license agreement - Conditions of publication
- Read and agree to our Editorial Policies - Editorial policies
Submit and promote
After acceptance, we provide support so your article gains maximum impact in the scientific community and beyond.
Please note that manuscript can only be submitted by an author of the manuscript and may not be submitted by a third party.
- Editorial Team
- Editorial Board
- Sign up for article alerts and news from this journal
In response to the current outbreak of Ebola in DR Congo, BMC Medicine editors will treat relevant submissions with priority.
BMC Medicine is accepting Registered Reports. Find out more about this innovative format in our Submission Guidelines.
BMC Medicine is participating in the Center for Open Science $ 1,000,000 Preregistration Challenge: 1,000 researchers will win $1,000 each for publishing results of preregistered research. See the Overview section of our Registered Reports page for more information.