BMC Medicine is an open access, transparent peer review medical journal publishing outstanding and influential research of broad interest to the biomedical and sociomedical professional communities. We cover all areas of clinical practice, translational medicine, medical and health advances, public health, global health, policy, and general topics of interest to our global readership.
BMC Medicine’s highly responsive team of professional editors ensure rigorous processes and rapid publication upon acceptance. We are dedicated to supporting our authors by providing global visibility, innovative formats, widespread promotion, and opportunities for impact on future research, practice, and policy. Ultimately, BMC Medicine is committed to inspiring progress on clinical and health outcomes for people worldwide.
What are we looking for?
BMC Medicine is the flagship medical journal of the BMC portfolio, publishing original research, commentaries and reviews that are either of significant interest to all areas of medicine and clinical practice, or provide key translational or clinical advances in a specific field.
- We are one of the top 15 medical journals (number 15 out of 165 journals in the Medicine, General and Internal subject category)
- Open access provides maximum visibility for your article, making it immediately available to a wide, global audience
- Fast turnaround times whilst maintaining rigorous peer review
- Global Editorial Board and interdisciplinary group of expert reviewers
- Wide range of article types
- Portable peer review
- Promotion via press coverage, email and social media